The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
To further drive quality and engender global best practices in HIV and TB care and treatment,
IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
|Program Officer, Pharmacy
|State Pharmacy Lead/Pharmacy Manager/State Manager
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
Opening Date: 20/02/2024
Closing Date: 27/02/2024
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy State Manager/Project Director, he/ she will ensure high-quality pharmacy/logistics services in line with the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal. He/She will work in close collaboration with the PSM stakeholders at the States to ensure the implementation of all Pharmacy and Supply chain strategies and provide technical guidance for program implementation according to the National Guidelines and policies.
- Mentors the Facility Pharmacists to maintain Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP), Pharmaceutical care and Pharmacovigilance.
- Supports the Facility Pharmacists to prepare and generate bimonthly CRRF reports.
- In collaboration with the state LMCU, generates and reviews bimonthly last-mile distribution plans and processes.
- Supports the Facility Pharmacists in closely monitoring prescription patterns, ensuring proper documentation, side effects monitoring (Pharmacovigilance), reducing dispensing errors, etc.
- Provides regular and routine supportive supervision and mentoring to site staff on dispensing and patient counseling, side effects monitoring, and detection of ADRs.
- Sensitizes Clinicians and Prescribers on regimen streamlining and any guidance to
- Ensures proper use and documentation of various Pharmacy tools like Adverse Drug Reporting forms, Logistics inventory tools, Pharmacy SOPs.
- Supports the implementation of the Community Pharmacy ART program in the State.
- Closely monitors the KPIs of the Community Pharmacy and ensure the quality service delivery is maintained.
- Continuous mentoring of the CPs to ensure program implantation according to the SOPs.
- Deals with site-based issues and liaises with the State Pharmacy lead and Regional Manager.
- Periodic stock-taking/audit of site stock, in collaboration with the Focal Pharmacists at sites.
Experience, skills, and competencies:
- He/she must have at least 3 years’ experience in supply chain management of HIV/AIDS medicines and commodities.
- Must be familiar with the NHLMIS platform and monitoring and interpreting supply chain indicators.
- Knowledgeable of Pharmacovigilance and the available reporting channels.
- Experience in the provision of LMIS and Pharmaceutical care training.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV programs.
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively and fluently in the English language (oral and written) and good inter and intrapersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages, presentation skills, and video conferencing are required.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in program narrative and proposal writing, data evaluation, and excellent report writing.
- Excellent persuasive skills, and good stakeholders’ management track record.
- Fundamental skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Must be proactive and deliver quality work on time.
- Be willing and able to work effectively in a team.
Educational qualifications and experience
- Must possess a degree in a B.Pharm/Pharm D
- A Postgraduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health, Pharmacy
- Must be registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria and have evidence of current practicing license.
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
- This advert closes 7 days from the date of this publication, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.